Relax! Packing for your vacation can be easy and stress-free with this vacation packing list.
Preparing for a trip can be hectic, especially when you’re packing for an entire family. Follow this quick and easy vacation packing list to make sure you have all the clothing, necessities, gadgets and gear you’ll need for your journey.
These are the versatile staples that most travelers will need, no matter where they’re going.
- Comfortable clothing for the destination (light, breathable clothing for warm locales; sweaters and jackets for layering in colder ones)
- Extra cash to use at cash-only stores and restaurants, and just in case you lose your wallet or credit card
- Extra house keys (packed away in case you lose your main keys)
- Backup pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Daily toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, deodorant, etc.)
- Rain ponchos or compact umbrellas
A vacation is all about getting away and unplugging, but packing these electronics can be useful.
- Cellphone chargers and cords
- Portable USB power bank (to charge items on the go)
- An affordable cellphone (or tablet) pre-loaded with games to keep kids busy
- Headphones or earbuds (for listening to music or movies without bothering others)
Even the most well-behaved kids might get squirmy on a long car ride or flight. Having these items handy can calm their stress — and your nerves.
- Non-perishable snacks and water or juice
- Activity or puzzle book
- Cellphone or tablet (see above)
Vacations by Type
Other than the anytime basics, the type of vacation you’re on usually dictates what you’ll bring. While not exhaustive, here are a few surefire ideas to start with.
- Sunglasses and hats
- Flip flops
- Large beach towels
- Sun umbrella and beach chairs
- Swim goggles, flippers and water wings (for little ones)
- Cooler for snacks and beverages
- Change of dry clothes (and a bag for wet ones)
- Large beach bag to carry it all
Theme Park Exploration
- Comfortable shoes (for lots of walking)
- Battery-powered hand fan or water mister
- Sunglasses and hats
- Dramamine® or other motion-sickness medicine
- Bathing suits
- Formal clothing (for dinners and functions)
Now that you know what to add to your family vacation packing list, get these clever tips on how to pack light.
Enjoy your next family vacation with Marriott Vacation Club®.